Thursday, November 5, 2009

Customer Relationship

As we all know, the relationship between a seller and a buyer is key to a business. I recently purchased a car and I would like to tell the story to show how it relates to topics discussed in class. I took all of the necessary steps to making a purchase. I shopped around for what I was specifically looking for and then I evaluated the criteria that I found from my search. After finding the best available deal, I went ahead and made my purchase. After the purchse, the dealership told me that the car would most likely be ready in 2 days. Well 2 days passed (it is now friday) and I called to find out what was going on with the car. They told me that it hasnt yet been serviced and that it will be ready on Monday. Monday comes and they give me another excuse and tell me it will be ready on Tuesday. Finally, excuses after excuse, they car was ready to be picked up on Wednesday, which mean that I waited an entire week for my car to be ready.

I have had the car for 3weeks with no problems. One day I have a problem with something in the car and I took it to the dealership because it has a 30 day warranty through the dealership and then an extended warranty through the manufacturer. Well the dealership tells me that the problem with my car isn't covered under warranty and they refused to fix it. It was an inexpensive fix but something so little should be taken care of by the dealership. This is bad business. I have felt cognitive dissonance, doubts after a purchase, for the entire 3 weeks that I have owned the car.

I am almost tempted to contact the Better Business Bureau and plead my case. The company has terrible social responsibility because they have made a larger negative impact on me than they have a positive one. I feel as if they think along the lines of "we received the money and they deal is done so we dont have to worry about anything from here on out", which to me is horrible ethics. They are making it easy for their company to be perceived as a "bad business" because they are terrible at satisfying customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment